Integrated modelling for climate and weather, air quality and atmospheric composition, planetary boundary layer, micro-/meso-scale meteorological processes, computational fluid dynamics, environmental impact and risk assessments.
Research/ Work Experience
2015-present: A-TAP, Niels Bohr Institute(NBI), University of Copenhagen(KU), Denmark.
2012-2015: PostDoc, Niels Bohr Institute(NBI), University of Copenhagen(KU), Denmark.
2009-2012: PostDoc, Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI), Denmark
2005-2008: Research fellow, Laboratory of High Performance Computations, Tomsk State
2003-2005: Laboratory assistant, Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty, TSU
2005-2008: PhD. in Physics & Mathematics, TSU, Russia. Thesis: Turbulent flow modelling and
pollution transport in urban canopy, Advisers: Prof. Alexander Starchenko &
Prof. Alexander Baklanov
2000-2005: MSc. in Mathematics & Fluid Mechanics, TSU, Russia
Achievements & Awards
2011: Kipp & Zonen Award for research on ''Multi-scale meteorological and chemical
weather forecasting with downscaling model system''
2006: Golden medal of Russian Academy of Science for the best scientific work
- Programming skills in Fortran 77/2008, MPI, OpenMP, Python, Perl, Linux Shell;
- Experienced user of Unix & Linux operating systems and Cray, IBM BlueGene HPCs;
- Global-, regional-, meso-, micro-scale models development and application: CESM (Community Earth System Model), RegCM (Regional Climate Model), Enviro-HIRLAM (Environment ─ HIgh Resolution Limited Area Model), CAMx (Comprehensive Air Quality Model with extensions), DERMA (Danish Emergency Response Model for the Atmosphere), CFD M2UE (Micro-scale Model for Urban Environment), CFD FLUENT;
- Teaching: MUSCATEN & COST Action ES1004 Young Scientist Summer Schools on "Online Integrated Modelling of Meteorological and Chemical Transport Processes" in Odessa, Ukraine and Aveiro, Portugal; Enviro-HIRLAM training weeks (twice per year);
- Work individually and/or as a member of a team;
- English – fluent, Russian – native.